ECOtanka values quality and safety. In order to make sure that our products are 100% safe and long-lasting, we test all of our material parts that come in contact with liquid or food. Material testing is done in stages with the first major test completed by a certified independent testing lab, this is completed every 4-5 years. The second test is completed by the wholesale supplier of the raw material or the main production factory a certified independent testing lab. The third test is carried out by our own team using a number of methods as follows:
1. A stainless steel liquid colour test to confirm the stainless steel type.
2. A spectrometer test which takes an analysis of the material makeup to verify its quality.
The materials we test are as follows:
- Stainless Steel for Bottle material
- Silicone for Seal material
- PP for Plastic Lid material
- Stainless Steel for Lid material
- TPR for Sports Lid's Sipper part material
Our testings are mostly as per EU standards. From time to time, we carry out FDA testing as well. As testing samples, we provide one product type for each material category.
ECOtanka bottles are very easy to care for: simply wash and rinse well the same as for your dishes. Alternatively, baking soda and warm water can be used to cleanse and freshen your bottle. They may be sterilised with boiling water. Do not place in the freezer.
We do not recommend washing any stainless steel bottle in your dishwasher